Text Message Alerts
Sign up for our text message alerts service to receive outage notifications and account reminders.Sign Up / Manage Text Alerts
Or register by text message:
To register for text message notifications using your mobile phone, text REG to 236483. If your cell phone number is not on file in our records you will need your 10-digit Central Hudson Account number in order to register.
Texting is offered at no charge by Central Hudson, but message and data rates may apply. Central Hudson is not responsible for these charges. Before using this service, check with your cell phone service provider for text message costs.
These command codes are available for you to communicate with us through our text messaging service. Text a command in bold below to 236483 (CenHud) for the associated request:
- REG to initiate registration for this service.
- OUT to report a power outage.
- STAT for power outage status updates.
- BAL for the total balance due on your account.
- PAY to pay your account balance using your checking account.
- SUB to enroll in estimated meter read alerts for eligible accounts.
- NICK to add a nickname (for multiple account holders).
- STOP to unregister your account from this service.
- PAUSE to temporarily discontinue text message alerts from Central Hudson.
- RESUME to resume receiving alerts after pausing.
Text in an outage
Receive power outage updates and account notifications anywhere, anytime, from any mobile device that is capable of text messaging. Report an outage by texting OUT to 236483 (CenHud).
Do Not Text For Emergencies
If you detect a natural gas odor do not rely on the text message alert system. Instead, call our Natural Gas Odor hotline at 1-800-942-8274. This number is only for reporting natural gas odors.
If you see a downed power line or other potentially hazardous condition involving electrical equipment, stay away from the area. The ground around downed or low hanging power lines as well as surrounding objects such as fences could be energized. Call 911 to make a report. While you wait for a Central Hudson crew to arrive, continue to keep a safe distance and, if possible, keep others away. Our crews will arrive as quickly as possible.
- We do not require your cell phone number to be registered in our records, but you will need your Central Hudson account number to complete text message alert system registration if your cell phone number is NOT on the account.
- Compatible carriers: Verizon; AT&T; Sprint; T-Mobile; Boost; CBW-Live; ClearSky; Cricket; Interop; Metro; Ntelos; U.S. Cellular; Virgin