Start, Stop or Transfer Service

Sign in for a quicker and easier experience.




Frequently Asked Questions

Before starting an application to start service you must have the following information available for your account type.

Residential Customers:

  • An official form of ID (such as a Driver's License, Social Security Number, State ID Number, or Passport)
  • The exact address of your new residence, including apartment number, if applicable.
  • Emergency contact information.

Non-Residential Customers:

Click the type of account below to show applicable list of documents required.

  • DBA certificate
  • Current government ID
  • Valid SSN or EIN
  • Articles of Organization OR Operating Agreement
  • Filing Receipt
  • EIN
  • Articles OR Certificate of Incorporation OR Corporate Resolution
  • Filing Receipt
  • EIN
  • Partnership Agreement
  • Filing Receipt
  • EIN
  • Charter Paperwork
  • EIN
  • FEC Form 1 or State Election
  • FEC Form 2 (statement of candidacy)
  • Tax ID
  • Not-for-profit paperwork

Central Hudson provides electric and/or natural gas service in the region and towns shown on the map below. In towns where natural gas service is indicated, gas service is not necessarily available or already installed at all properties within those towns.

Click to enlarge