|NYSERDA Drive Clean Rebate for Plug-In Electric Cars
View the Drive Clean Rebate eligible models with rebate amount
- New York State rebate
- 40+ EV models to choose from
- Open to all New York State residents
- Point-of-sale rebate towards the purchase or lease of a new electric car
- Combine with a Federal Tax Credit of up to $7,500
View a list of participating dealers
|EV Time-of-Use Rate
Central Hudson offers a special Time-of-Use Rate for electric vehicle owners. By charging your vehicle during periods of lower demand (after 7pm), and shifting the majority of your other energy use to this same time structure, you can benefit from a lower bill. EV owners are able to test whether this rates works for them with Central Hudson’s first year bill protection. Learn more
|Discounts on Insurance
Major insurance companies may offer discounts for owners of electric and hybrid cars. Check with your insurance agent.
|Green Pass Discount Program
EVs are eligible for the Green Pass Discount Program, which offers a 10% discount for EZ-Pass toll road fees. Vehicles must register with EZ-Pass New York.
|Federal Tax Credit
View the tax credits for all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles
- The federal Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax credit is for $2,500 to $7,500 per new EV purchased for use in the U.S. The size of the tax credit depends on the size of the vehicle and its battery capacity
- Combine with a NYSERDA Drive Clean Rebate of up to $2,000
Often referred to as "carpool lanes," some HOV lanes are open to electric vehicles, regardless of the number of passengers.