Coronavirus Safety and Impact Information
A message to our customers
As conditions with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic evolve, Central Hudson remains committed to safe and reliable service while ensuring the health and well-being of those we serve.
Here is an update on our services:
- Continue to report electric or natural gas emergencies. Call 911 to report an emergency. To report a natural gas leak, call our gas odor hotline at 1-800-942-8274 or 911. If you are under either a mandatory or self-imposed quarantine due to COVID-19, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please let us know in the event you notify us.
- Electric & gas service continues. We do not anticipate service disruptions to our customers. Central Hudson is temporarily suspending service disconnections and finance charges to lessen any hardship the COVID-19 pandemic may have on our customers. We will continue to respond to essential service requests.
- Refrain from scheduling appointments or service work that is not time-sensitive. Please use our online self-service resources, including email to provide paperwork to Central Hudson when that is necessary.
- Winter protections for customers enrolled in the Special Protections Program have been extended until May 1, 2020. No additional actions are required. This program is applicable to those 62 and older, blind or disabled.
- Central Hudson offices remain closed to the public at this time. Payment drop boxes are still available.
- Indoor meter readings are suspended. If you have a meter that is located inside your home or business, Central Hudson will provide you with an estimated meter reading this month. If you wish to provide Central Hudson with your meter reading to avoid an estimate, here’s how to do it: https://www.cenhud.com/forms/meterreading/
Billing and payments
Our regular billing and payment process continues. If you are impacted by this situation and have concerns about bill payment or other Central Hudson services, contact us using our online "Web Chat" feature, via email through our online Contact Us form, or by phone at 845-452-2700. For payment assistance options, visit www.CentralHudson.com/Assistance.
Please use our website for self-service and 24/7 account access. It's easier and faster to manage your account there. If you haven’t created an online account, it only takes a few minutes to register now.
Enroll in our paperless eBills program for online access to new and past billing statements. Enroll in automatic payments to pay your bill automatically by credit/debit card or from your bank account.
Be on guard against scammers who may claim to be Central Hudson and contact you to collect past due balances or threaten to disconnect your service. Central Hudson never demands payment through the use of a prepaid debit card. Scammers may also try to obtain personal information, including Social Security numbers, bank routing numbers or other personal information. Report suspicious activity to your local law enforcement agency, and call Central Hudson at 845-452-2700. Click here for more information about how to protect yourself against scams.
Visit CentralHudson.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates as this situation evolves. For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov or the New York Department of Health at www.Health.ny.gov.