COVID-19 Policies, Safety and Resources
Central Hudson remains committed to powering you through the pandemic. We're working to ensure you have access to safe, reliable service.
We continue with the suspension of service disconnections and finance charges at this time, to lessen any hardship the COVID-19 pandemic may have.
If you’re a residential customer or small commercial customer with 25 or fewer employees and have experienced a change in your financial circumstances as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for special protections to avoid terminations in the future.
Under the law, if you are a residential customer or small commercial customer with 25 or fewer employees and contact us to affirm that you experienced a change in financial circumstances as a result of COVID-19:
- We will not disconnect your service for non-payment.
- You will be eligible for a deferred payment agreement or can request a new agreement.
To self-certify, you must attest as follows: “I attest that due to the COVID-19 state of emergency, which began on March 7, 2020, I have experienced a change in financial circumstances.”
Financial support for your business
Central Hudson has its Back to Business funding program, committing up to $1 million in economic development support to provide local small businesses with grants to help pay down new working capital loans taken with participating local banks. This program is intended to assist small businesses in continuing their operations or reopening as the economy is restarted. More information can be found here.
- Continue to report electric or natural gas emergencies. Call 911 to report an emergency. To report a natural gas leak, call our gas odor hotline at 1-800-942-8274 or 911. If you are under either a mandatory or self-imposed quarantine due to COVID-19, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please let us know in the event you contact us.
- Call 811 before you dig. At least two, but no more than 10 days before you dig or excavate, call Dig Safely New York at 811 so that facilities can be marked out. Failure to make this call can result in penalties, and you may be held liable for damages to underground facilities and other property. Most importantly, calling 811 before you dig will help you avoid severe injury to yourself and others.
- Central Hudson offices remain closed to the public. Payment drop boxes are still available.
Billing and payments
Our regular billing and payment process continues.
Please use our website for self-service and 24/7 account access. It's easier and faster to manage your account there. If you haven’t created an online account, it only takes a few minutes to register now.
Enroll in our paperless eBills program for online access to new and past billing statements. Enroll in automatic payments to pay your bill automatically by credit/debit card or from your bank account.
Be on guard against scammers who may claim to be Central Hudson and contact you to collect past due balances or threaten to disconnect your service. Central Hudson never demands payment through the use of a prepaid debit card. Scammers may also try to obtain personal information, including Social Security numbers, bank routing numbers or other personal information. Report suspicious activity to your local law enforcement agency, and call Central Hudson at 845-452-2700. Click here for more information about how to protect yourself against scams.