Refrigerator & Freezer Recycling
Say goodbye to your old refrigerator or freezer and take advantage of our incentive -- We pay you $100 per unit (up to two), pick it up for free and properly recycle it!
How to Participate
Central Hudson offers two ways to take advantage of this service:
- Shop for a new refrigerator at The Home Depot and schedule a pick-up at the time of purchase. OR:
- Click here to confirm eligibility and schedule a pick-up, or call 866-706-3995.
The $100 reward will be mailed to you within 4 weeks after pickup of your refrigerator or freezer.
To calculate savings based on the model you are replacing, use the ENERGY STAR Flip Your Fridge Calculator.
Inside Your Refrigerator
With Central Hudson's Appliance Recycling Program, over 95 percent of the appliance is properly destroyed and recycled, preventing it from entering a landfill.
Save Energy and Money
- Each old refrigerator or freezer requires an average of 700 to 1,600 kilowatt-hours (kwh) to operate annually.
- If a spare refrigerator used in a basement or garage is removed and not replaced, energy savings can amount to 1,200 kWh/year, with an average $80 reduction in annual electricity charges.**
Program procedures, requirements and rebate levels are subject to change or cancellation without notice. One rebate check will be issued to the customer for each approved and completed application.
* A/C units can only be added to a scheduled refrigerator or freezer pick-up and will not result in an additional rebate amount.
**Actual energy and cost savings will vary by equipment model and region. These estimates are conservative and based on national averages (www.energystar.gov).