This email contact form is not monitored 24/7 and can't be used to report an emergency or hazardous condition. Follow the instructions below to report these emergencies.
1. STOP what you are doing. Do not light or use a match. Do not turn lights on or off or use a flashlight, cell phone or telephone. Do not turn on any other appliance or electric/electronic device and do not flush or run water.
2. GO outside immediately.
3. LET US KNOW by calling our gas odor hotline at 1-800-942-8274,* or call 911.
After making your report, a representative will come to your location and check for potential leaks or faulty appliances.
*This number can only be used to report natural gas odors or leaks.
1. STAY AWAY! If you see a fallen power line or other potentially hazardous condition involving electrical equipment, stay at least 30 feet away. You cannot tell if the line is energized just by looking at it. The ground around fallen or low-hanging lines as well as surrounding objects such as fences could be energized. Do not ever touch a power line or use an object such as a broom or stick to try to move the wire or anything else in contact with it. Do not touch anyone who is in direct or indirect contact with a fallen line. Be careful not to step in water near where a fallen power line is located. Do not drive over fallen power lines.
2. CALL 911 immediately to make a report. Emergency responders will be notified and Central Hudson dispatched to make repairs.
3. While ensuring your own safety, please do your best to alert others to the fallen wires and urge them to stay at least 30 feet away from the fallen line and anything contacting it as well.
To contact Central Hudson directly about an urgent matter please call 845-452-2700.