In order to bring you the best possible user experience, this site uses Javascript. If you are seeing this message, it is likely that the Javascript option in your browser is disabled. For optimal viewing of this site, please ensure that Javascript is enabled for your browser.
Pay Bill CenHub Store Report Outage Outage Status Outage Map Report Gas Odor
group of multicolored transparent hands on top of each other symbolizing community and support
Good Neighbor Fund » Central Hudson » In the Community » Good Neighbor Fund

The Good Neighbor Fund provides "last resort" grants to help pay the energy bills of local residents in need who have exhausted all other forms of public and private utility assistance. The Good Neighbor Fund is administered by the Salvation Army and funded by Central Hudson customers, employees and shareholders.

How can I help my neighbors in need?
You can make a tax-deductible contribution by:

  • Adding a whole-dollar amount from $1 to $10 to the payment amount of your utility bill (see the pay stub section of your utility bill for further information), or, if paying online, follow the simple instructions on the screen.

  • Sending a check payable to "The Good Neighbor Fund" to:
    Central Hudson
    Consumer Outreach Dept.
    284 South Avenue
    Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

How can the Good Neighbor Fund help?
Eligible customers may receive:

  • A grant up to a maximum of $275 based on their service type and average monthly bill;

  • A new deferred payment agreement for the remaining balance.

Who may be eligible?
Customers that meet all of the following requirements:

Have a financial hardship and are experiencing one of the following energy related emergencies:

  • Received a Final Termination Notice for no more than $750 or need less than $750 to reinstate a defaulted payment agreement
  • Had services terminated for non-payment
  • Denied new service due to a past due balance
  • Have not received two Good Neighbor Fund grants within the past five years;
  • Have received all forms of available assistance from the Department of Social Services and are able to provide proof of receiving HEAP benefits or denials for assistance;
  • Able to provide proof of hardship.

How do I apply for assistance?
Contact a Central Hudson customer service representative for a referral at (845) 452-2700 or, for calls from outside the 845 area code only, 1-800-527-2714. The referral will be sent to your local Salvation Army office and you must contact them directly at the appropriate number listed below to schedule an appointment for assistance:

Location: Beacon Kingston Newburgh Poughkeepsie
Phone: 845-831-1253 845-331-1803 845-562-0413 845-471-1210
Address: 372 Main St
Beacon, NY
35 Cedar St
Kingston, NY
234 Van Ness St.
Newburgh, NY
19 Pershing Ave.
Poughkeepsie, NY