In order to bring you the best possible user experience, this site uses Javascript. If you are seeing this message, it is likely that the Javascript option in your browser is disabled. For optimal viewing of this site, please ensure that Javascript is enabled for your browser.
Pay Bill CenHub Store Report Outage Outage Status Outage Map Report Gas Odor
Business Customer Rights
Business Customer Rights » Central Hudson » About Us » Business Customer Rights

» For residential customer rights, click here.

Your Rights and Responsibilities as our Non-Residential customer
Central Hudson values having you as a customer. Our goal and pledge to you is to continue to provide you with the lowest possible price and the highest level of customer service. Your satisfaction is of great importance to us.

Whenever you have a question, problem or complaint about your gas or electric service or bill, please contact us. You’re entitled to—and you will receive—a prompt and polite answer to your inquiry. Our employees are available to help you. Contact information can be found in the "Contact Us/FAQs" section of this website, or the telephone numbers for our district supervisors are listed below. The telephone number is also on your bill and in your telephone directory.

Energy Choice
Our Customer Energy Choice Plan provides you with the opportunity to choose who supplies your electricity and/or natural gas. Previously, your electricity and/or natural gas were both supplied and delivered by Central Hudson. Under Customer Choice, you are able to choose your supplier from those alternate suppliers eligible to do business in our area. If you do not select an alternate supplier, Central Hudson will purchase the energy on your behalf at market prices.

Regardless of whom you purchase your electricity or natural gas from, Central Hudson will continue to deliver it over our transmission and distribution systems, and will also continue to provide all customer service support functions. And, regardless of where you purchase your electricity or natural gas, the rights and responsibilities described here will remain in effect for your Central Hudson delivery service. If you purchase your electricity or natural gas from an alternate supplier, your rights and responsibilities relating to that service will be provided through your contract with that supplier.

Some alternate suppliers offer a single-bill option, which includes your Central Hudson delivery charges and your electricity or gas supply charges from that alternate supplier. With this billing option, you make one payment to Central Hudson for both charges.

For a list of eligible marketers in our service territory, check the Energy Choice section of this website or contact Customer Account Services.

(Primary Metered Service With Measured Demands and Customer- Owned Transformers.)

Customers must take service metered at primary voltage and provide their own transformers. Service can be either single- or three-phase.

Service Classification No. 3 - Large Power Primary Service
Rate Codes E300 and E305

Customers must take service at primary voltage and own their own transformer. The minimum basic demand billed will be 500 kW per month.

Service Classification No. 5 - Area Lights
Rate Codes E500 and E505

Customers may supply a suitable pole or rent both the pole and fixture from Central Hudson.

Service Classification No. 13 - Large Power Substation & Transmission

For the lighting of streets, highways, roadways and ways open to public use for the State of New York, counties, townships, cities and incorporated villages. The municipality must submit a written application including a list of the quantity and size of luminaries to be supplied.

Service Classification No. 8 - Public Street and Highway Lights
Rate Codes E710 and E715

Available when a customer provides all equipment necessary to take service directly from a substation having a line-side voltage of 69,000 volts or higher or at a transmission voltage of 69,000 volts or higher.


Service Classification No. 2 - Commercial and Industrial Rate
Rate Code G200

(Commercial and Industrial Non-Heating Customers)

Rate Code G220

(Commercial and Industrial Heating Customers)

Rate Code G2300

(Commercial and Industrial Heating, Water Heating, and Cooking Customers)

Service Classification No. 9 - Interruptible Transportation/
Standby Sales

A service available for the transportation of customer-owned gas and standby sales from Company-owned gas to those individual customers that have the capability of transporting and consuming at one service point 35,000 Ccf or greater per year, or to those aggregated customer buying groups having the capability of transporting and consuming 50,000 Ccf or greater per year. Customers must agree to take service on a fully interruptible basis, and must provide and maintain necessary standby facilities for using alternate fuels during periods of interruption.

Service Classification No. 11 - Firm Transportation Rate

A service available for firm transportation service by the Company of customer-owned gas, which the customer has arranged to have transported to a delivery point at the boundary of the Company's service area. Minimum usage of 750,000 Ccf per year.

The following gas service classifications apply to accounts billed by Central Hudson for delivery (transportation) service only, under our Customer Choice Plan.

Service Classification No. 6 - Firm Transportation Rate

A service available for firm transportation service by the Company of customer-owned gas, which the customer has arranged to have transported to a delivery point at the boundary of the Company's service area. Minimum usage of 35,000 Ccf per year.

Service Classification No. 13 - Commercial and Industrial Aggregated
Firm Transportation Rate

A service available to customers eligible for Service Classification No. 2 who are members of a customer buying group which has the capability of consuming 50,000 Ccf or greater per year. Under this service, Central Hudson will provide firm transportation of customer-owned gas that has been delivered to Central Hudson's service area on behalf of the customer buying group.

Under this Law, most religious organizations and certain state mental hygiene facilities, as well as any post or hall owned or leased by a not-forprofit agency that is a veterans' organization can pay no more for gas and/ or electric service than residential customers. Your current rate code is displayed on your Central Hudson billing statement. If you feel your account is coded incorrectly, or if you have any questions, please contact Customer Account Services.

Certain rate options may be available to eligible non-residential customers under the Company's Demand Response and Economic Development tariff provisions. To determine if your business qualifies for a demand response or economic development provision, call Customer Account Services and ask for the Supervisor of New Business in your service area.

Complete details of Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation’s rate schedule are available here and at the Company’s Corporate Offices located at 284 South Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY.

We make every effort to answer your questions and help you with your problem. If, after talking with us and after utilizing our Customer Assistance Referral Program, you still aren’t satisfied, you can write to:

NYS Public Service Commission
Consumer Services Division
90 Church Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10007-2919

You can also call the PSC’s toll-free “Helpline,” at 1-800-342-3377.

For customer inquiries, or to report a power outage, call "The PowerLine" at (845) 452-2700 or, for calls from outside the 845 area code only, 1-800-527-2714

Customers who have touch-tone telephones can utilize this automated telephone service, "The PowerLine," to report electric service interruptions or report a gas odor. In addition, through a series of easy-to-use directions, you can obtain general information regarding your account. This service also gives you the ability to provide us with your electric and/or gas meter reading.

At any time while using this automated service, you can choose to speak with one of our Customer Service Representatives by pressing the "O" (zero) button on your telephone. Customers who do not have touch-tone service should remain on the line. A Customer Service Representative will assist you.

Telephone Inquiries:
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Saturday)

Tenemos disponible un servicio de ayuda en Espanol

Limited account information and transactions can be accessed through our website in the "Your Account" section, for customers who have registered.

24-Hour Gas Odor Emergency Service 1-(800) 942-8274
(To report natural gas odors only)
Hearing Impaired (TTY) 1-(800) 635-6315
Dig Safely New York, Inc. 1-(800) 962-7962
(Call several days before digging or excavating)
Theft Of Service Hotline 1-(877) 728-3465

Listed below are the telephone numbers for Central Hudson's offices of New Business Services:

Newburgh (845) 563-4563
Poughkeepsie (845) 486-5474
Fishkill (845) 897-6152
Catskill & Kingston (845) 334-3513